I have a Master’s degree in Clinical Counselling and Marriage &
Family Therapy from Trinity Western University and am currently working
on my Doctorate in Psychology from California Southern University. I
started my Langley counselling practice in 2009, while also working as the Clinical Director at Cares Counselling in Abbotsford, where I provided supervision and oversight to a team of therapists and interns from 2008 – 2015. In 2015, I resigned my position at Cares so I could work full time at my Langley office. In 2018, I expanded my practice to include another experienced counsellor, Roshni. She is a highly respected colleague with additional areas of expertise to offer.
When not working, I enjoy spending time with my wife of 20 years, our two teenage daughters and dog. Growing up in the small town of Vanderhoof in Northern BC, I’m especially drawn to the outdoors and enjoy walking and hiking, downhill skiing, camping, and riding my motorcycle. When at home, I enjoy reading historical fiction, or relaxing in front of the TV, and spending time with friends.
- PsyD in progress from CSU
- Master’s of Clinical Counselling from TWU
- Bachelor’s of Science in Psychology from UNBC
I have additional training in
- PACT Couples
- Emotion Focused Couples Therapy
- Gottman Couples Therapy
- Satir Family Therapy
- NeurOptimal Neurofeedback Certification
- Eye Movement and Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR)
- AAMFT Supervisor Course
- I am a Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC) and a Registered Marriage & Family Therapist (RMFT).
- I am also a registered provider for Crime Victim’s Assistance