I have a Master’s degree in Clinical Counselling and Marriage & Family Therapy from Trinity Western University and am currently working on my Doctorate in Psychology from California Southern University. I started my Langley counselling practice in 2009, while also working as the Clinical Director at Cares Counselling in Abbotsford, where I provided supervision and oversight to a team of therapists and interns. In 2015, I resigned my position at Cares so I could work full time at my Langley office. In 2018, I expanded my practice to include another experienced counsellor, Roshni. She is a highly respected colleague with additional areas of expertise to offer.
When not working, I enjoy spending time with my wife of 20 years, our two teenage daughters and dog. Growing up in the small town of Vanderhoof in Northern BC, I’m especially drawn to the outdoors and enjoy walking and hiking, downhill skiing, camping, and riding my motorcycle. When at home, I enjoy reading historical fiction, relaxing in front of the TV, and spending time with friends.
- PsyD in progress from CSU
- Master’s of Clinical Counselling from TWU
- Bachelor’s of Science in Psychology from UNBC
I have additional training in
- PACT Couples
- Emotion Focused Couples Therapy
- Gottman Couples Therapy
- Satir Family Therapy
- NeurOptimal Neurofeedback Certification
- Eye Movement and Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR)
- AAMFT Supervisor Course
- I am a Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC) and a Registered Marriage & Family Therapist (RMFT).
- I am also a registered provider for Crime Victim’s Assistance
I have a Master's in Counselling from Trinity Western University and have been a Registered Clinical Counsellor for 14 years. I believe in the inherent worth of every individual and our innate desire to become our best selves. I've worked for many years with women and children who have experienced family violence. Other areas of interest include working with depression, anxiety and stress, burn out and boundaries, attachment and parenting struggles, identity and self-worth. Understanding that there is no one size fits all when it comes to every individual's journey towards health and wholeness, I draw from a variety of therapeutic perspectives such as Cognitive-Behavioural therapy, Narrative therapy, Gestalt therapy, Emotionally Focused therapy, Satir method, Person-centred therapy, just to name a few.
In 2012, while juggling a busy young family, I decided to do a Master's degree in Social Work, focusing on mental health and healthcare, at the University of British Columbia.
When I'm not creating a safe space for my clients, I'm probably making play-doh, cleaning toys off the floor for the umpteenth time, and watching Curious George with my two young sons.
- Master's of Social Work from UBC
- Master's of Clinical Counselling from TWU
- Bachelor's of Psychology from WCC, University of Madras
I have additional training and experience in
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy
- Child-Centred Play Therapy
- Attachment Therapy for Adolescents
- Complex Trauma
- Domestic Violence